With 2014 coming to a close, it time to look back on the best online articles about branding and web design.
But before we get to the list of the most socially shared branding and web design articles of 2014, here are several fun facts…
- The top post was in branding and received 268,653 combined shares across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest!
- 7 of the 20 (combined) articles are list posts.
- 3 of the top 10 web design articles were published on The Verge.
- 5 of the top 10 branding articles were published on Ad Week.
Now, in descending order, here are the most socially shared branding and web design articles of 2014.
Top 10 Web Design
- 9 GIFs That Explain Responsive Design Brilliantly – John Brownlee
- The 100 Greatest Free Fonts for 2014 – Awwwards Team
- Junior Designers vs. Senior Designers – Julie Zhuo
- Google removes underlined links, says goodbye to 1996 – Jon Wiley
- What happens when placeholder text doesn’t get replaced – Rian Van Der Merwe
- Google Ventures: Your Design Team Needs A War Room. Here’s How To Set One Up – Jake Knapp
- How Responsive Web Design Works (Infographic) – Lindsay Kolowich
- 9 basic principles of responsive web design – Sandijs Ruluks
- Ikea built a website inside Instagram – Aaron Souppouris
- Microsoft is finally killing support for old versions of Internet Explorer – Tom Warren
Top 10 Branding
- Coca-Cola Invents 16 Crazy Caps to Turn Empty Bottles Into Useful Objects – Gabriel Beltrone
- 30 Of The Most Creative Business Cards Ever – Lina Davidaviciute
- Ad of the Day: Guinness Has Made the Only Ad You Need to See This Fourth of July – Tim Nudd
- These 19 Companies Failed So Hard At Naming Their Food – ViralNova
- Mr. Bean Is a Hopeless Kung Fu Warrior in the Most Hilarious Snickers ‘You’re Not You’ Ads Yet – Alfred Maskeroni
- 24 Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens – Julija Kieksyte
- Ad of the Day: Peyton Manning and Cam Newton Prank Store Customers for Gatorade – Tim Nudd
- Diet Coke Prints 2 Million Unique Labels in Latest Stroke of Packaging Genius – Tim Nudd
- Those Coke cans with names on them increased sales for the first time in a decade – Dante D’Orazio
- How You’re Perceived Wearing These 12 Designer Brands – Notable
Statistically speaking these were the best online articles written on branding and web design in 2014, but more importantly what was your favourite? Please use the comments bellow to share one.